Why The ZEND PHP Certification ?
- I like learning. Nothing like an exam to make one explore the depth of a subject.
- A certification helps in asserting a neutral organization’s opinion about how good your knowledge is. If I had to test my knowledge in a certification exam , it had to be PHP since I have been working with it for quite some time.
- I thought the ZCE Logo would look good on my papers 😛
- PHP Architects ZEND PHP 5 Study guide PDF.
- PHP Architects Zend PHP Certification Practice Test Book PDF (its for PHP 4 but contains some very good questions).
- I prepared my own short notes from the Study Guide which contained the important stuff from each chapter.
- The Study Guide mentions lots of stuff……but I never took any line by its face value. I tested each functionality myself as I read it. Since the books contains quite a few mistakes, its best to try it out yourself.
- Its not permitted to reveal the questions of the exam so I shall only comment in general on it.
- The exam wasn’t easy. Why? Imagine this – You learn how the concept A works. then you learn about concept B. The exam has questions that require the output if both concepts A & B are used together !
- I was done with the exam in an hour. I went through the questions (the doubtful ones) which I had marked for review for the remaining 30 min.
- I was ready for another week of studying & another attempt at this exam when I was pleasantly surprised by the ‘Congratulations’ message 🙂
- You can be aware of a number of such complex scenarios of PHP if you encountered them while working on some project involving PHP. I was…& it helped a lot.
- Its apparent that a curious person must have had a hand in creating the database of questions since only such a person would think of the consequences of mixing different concepts with each other. I am curious by nature…& my frequent trials of concepts helped me.
- I only wish I had gone through the string, array & stream functions listed in php.net site. That would have reduced the tense moments I had during the exam. I was so enamoured by XML, that I spent a lot of time on it. It didn’t help me in the exam but it did make me a big fan of XML :D.
- All in all , It was a good exam. I was a little unsure of about 50% of the questions. My reaction to some questions was : ‘Oh..thats a different way to look at things ❗ ‘ .After the exam, I cleared those doubts using my trusty comp.
- It was nice to learn something new. That is how an exam should be. It should challenge your boundaries of knowledge & also encourage you to learn more. Thank You ZEND. We shall probably meet again after PHP 6 🙂
Though the site gives you a time frame of 8 weeks, the ZEND Certificate (hard copy) reached me in only 2 weeks !